Sunday, January 10, 2010

Here is a picture of some of what I've bought for the kids at the daycare on my return trip.



Note all the shoes. I have sort of a half-plan to set up a zapato de finco (i.e. shoe farm). When the kids' shoes don't fit anymore they can return with their old shoes and trade them in for a pair that fit! I'm thinking sixty shoes would get my plan off the ground. My heart melted when I saw their dear little feet blistered and smashed in shoes two sizes too small, or some of them without shoes at all. It's such a basic little thing. I've got about 30 thus far, not all of them shown here.

What you don't see here is test tube make up I bought for wholesale. I also worked at a domestic violence shelter. Alot of the 'women' there are only 14, often raped by dads or beaten by husands. Some of the dearest to me all hung out in the bathroom, giggling for almost an hour one day. They tripped out all smiley and happy, with moviestar makeup. They were glowing. They deserve so much more than just silly things, but I've been picking test tubes up wherever I find them, and I try to get the right color.

Hey, does anyone know where to find brown baby dolls? I'm trying to find bi-racial dolls. REALLY difficult. You'd be surprised. I'm going to tour ebay to try and find brown baby dolls.

No comments: