Sunday, January 10, 2010

Eduardo and Manuel.

Some huge news this early morning. I'll cut and paste to tell it to you. I took some parts out about personal stuff.

Hello Michelle,

Happy new year! Sorry I have not written you until now. So, After we went to have lunch with Eduardo and Manuel do you remember?. I went on a vacation trip for a couple weeks then I got back to Xela and had to hurry up to buy christmas gifts for my family. then, this week I have been dealing with fixing some electrical problems at the school so just today I finally have some time to write you.
Anyhow, I saw the teacher from the day care (seño Lety) in the street the other day and she told me that during the two weeks I was on vacation the social worker in charge of the kids asked Doña Roberta to bring the kids to Sololá because someone from their family (an uncle and his wife) who have a job will be the ones taking care of the kids. She said that Doña Roberta was really sad of leaving them and the kids were also really sad but they know it had to happen at some point.
Anyhow so maybe next week I will go visit the day care and find out more details about the kiddies, and also see if Doña Roberta can give me some information about the location where the kids are...

I have to go now Michelle but I will let you know whatever I find out about the kiddies and also let me know what do you want me to do with the rest of your money otherwise I will keep it until you come back to Guatemala.

Wish you the best to you and your husband this 2010, I send you a very biiiigggg huggg.

Sary

Dear Sary,

I got your newsy letter with a mixture of feelings. Of course I am so happy that Eduardo y Manuel are neither in an orphanage or back with their mama, but I also don't know how this will turn out...you know? I hope it all turns out well, but I'm making plans for both.

First, I would love when I return to head to the location of this uncle with you and speak with him and the kids, find out what his and their circumstances are. I know he is in charge and we have little say. If he doesn't want to see or speak to us, we can do little about it. I've sort of planned for both. I am in this for the long term for both of them, regardless.

I am very busy with school and work lately. I am also sorry to hear about the electrical problems at school. I hope it hasn't lost you too much money. I look forward to seeing you soon. Take good care of yourself, Sary, you are such a sweetheart. I will see you in a month, hopefully!

Love,
Michelle

No comments: