Monday, November 9, 2009

When I was with an ex-boyfriend in Southern California I bought and sold books--and I did very well. Then I ran for it, and ended up in Scotland. I left everything. My (nice) car, my dresses, my computers. I just got out of there. Most of it I never got back, and under the circumstances it really wasn't worth it to try and get it back. I just tucked, rolled, and started again.

But there were a few things I was able to get from that time period--the main thing was an investment that I have thought for a couple years was a complete mistake. There were four books that I spent about $3000.000 on and had sent to my sister in Angwin instead of to me in Southern Cal. I was hoping to turn around in a year and sell them for a different amount. My plan was to go to counseling on the earnings, or maybe a down payment on a house.

It just figures that now that I don't need the money, they're worth what I guesstimated they would be worth in a year.

Robert and I had a deal that if I saved that much we'd head abroad for a year to learn languages together.

......YIPEE!!!!!!!!! To Guatemala and Egypt/Morocco and Poland and India we go!

More on this when I actually sell the book. I don't want to sell the books for less than they're worth due to excitement. It won't be for another year, but I'm sooooo excited, still.

No comments: