Monday, November 16, 2009

Heathcliff

H-----the Story of Heathcliff's Journey Back to Wuthering Heights by Lin Haire-Sargeant.

Worth diddly, but for a Bronte fan like me, I'm in fan-fiction heaven. Some writers question why anyone would want to write the continuation of their books, but honestly, when you fall into a world so utterly, how can you bear the silences? It's a great mystery that must be answered, even if by my own imagination.

I'm sure Haire-Sargeant is no Bronte family heir, but I'll tell you how it goes. I always dreamt of Heathcliff's time before Cathy, and after leaving Cathy to seek his wealth. He makes the book nearly horror with his brass cruelty. How did he become that way? His heart is so full of Cathy, and devoid of anything else. It's one of those loves, like Antony and Cleopatra, that drives the giver and receiver absolutely crazy. The old stories with such plotline as premise has been one of my favorite script.

One of the best things about London--the library. It was the first place I visited when I lived there. I spent my day off gawking in a darkened room at original writings by the Bronte's. I love them, I want what they're having!

No comments: