Saturday, April 18, 2009

Open Letter to the East Salem SDA Church

With names of the victims and perpetrator x'ed out in respect and deference.

To: Pastors at East Salem SDA Church,

My suggestion is that you not allow sadistic child-rapists free rein in your church, and to kindly, efficiently, and as Christians, deal with those who come to clergy and leaders with worries and experience with having been raped in the church. I certainly hope you will take my suggestion into consideration. Perhaps you'll consider it before you call Richard Whittemore and forward this email? It's nice to know you find safety and comfort in the combination of Jesus Christ and a really, really expensive lawyer who promises to "aggressively investigate and try in court" cases with confirmed victims like *********** and perpetrators like *************. You guys need a lesson in compassion. I am thoroughly disgusted by your actions thus far. And to say you are doing it in forgiveness! You seem to have a much easier time forgiving the perpetrators for hurting people, than the victims who bear the sin of hurting. I'm so sorry I couldn't be perfect for you and forget that I was sodomized in your holy sanctuary.

Please respond, Or is it legally a bad idea? By the way, Hi Mr. Whittemore.

And Parks, I believe your words to my uncle were "I'm sorry if I hurt her." Let me clear that if up for you right now. You hurt me. Lots. Looks like somebody else is complaining to you now! Maybe they'll take your advice to talk in front of the board meeting?

- Michelle Stevenson-Durham

Note: Clearly the SDA church's lawyers need a new hobby-looking at a 25-year old woman's whimsical stream of thought blog looking for ways to sue said woman is all they can think to do in their work-a-day.

Ideas: Golf, maybe? A Caribbean cruise? How about some opera?