Monday, April 14, 2008

Pretty Pictures

I am just learning blogger.com so I haven't figured out how to mix prose with pictures in an aesthetic way. I'm going to give you the pictures, then the prose. Alot of places are closed off right now in Mammoth because there was an avalanche over the winter, one that was pretty close to liberty cap. I finally made it to the Visitor Center when it was open this weekend and made sure I wouldn't be committing a federal crime to disregard Trail Closed signs. They said it wasn't, but to stay close to where the boardwalk usually is. I went ahead and hiked on up. I didn't go all the way because I'm not knowledgable about where the thermal ground is bound to break, but it was beautiful.
You can see here that the snow is higher than the railing.
The springs looked otherworldly.
My first words upon this sight were, "Oh wow. Wow!"