Monday, April 7, 2008

Plans for this next weekend

I got alot closer to this guy than this picture shows, but this shot pictures Gardiner pretty darn perfectly. So it's this one I'm showing.
Welcome to Yellowstone!

I'm exhausted and ready to curl up with a good book. I've been through the dullest manager meetings ever today. I guess, by nature, these meetings are supposed to be boring. But usually they're in the middle of the city, not in the middle of Yellowstone National Park with the sky whining at the window, begging for me to come out and play.

I ended up hitching out to Mammoth again, even though I wasn't planning on it, it just sort of happened. I wasn't even thumbing it this time. I walked further out on the terrace and climbed on top of snow mountains.

My plan this weekend is to go skinny dipping in the boiling part of the river, and bundle up in my hat and scarf on the few miles back, clutching my flashlight in gloved hand. It will be dark, starry, perfect. It might even snow.