Sunday, March 29, 2009

Kanal by Wajda

Okay. Not quite as tragic as Kanal (an excellent historical dramatization by Anrzej Wajda in which the entire Freedom Army in Warsaw is routed in the sewer tunnels).

But still.

I wake up. I throw a towel around me for a nice hot morning shower. I stretch and yawn, then sit on the pot for a nice morning pee. I flush the toilet aaaannnnddd...

It's a geyser, even smellier than the Yellowstone type. I start plunging like a banshee, screams included, and several cuss words. (Who needs coffee? I've got a malfunctioning toilet.)

I scream, "Robert, help me!"

He cries out, "Michelle, I'm coming!"

Whew. Thank God. I plunge with less vigor.

Robert shows up in his plaid pj bottoms, carrying my glasses. "Here you go honey. I love you." And he goes back to bed.

Now that I've yelled at him for the past five minutes and recorded the incident in my largely depressing blog I feel tons better. I love married life. I love Robert. I only want to smack him half the time. The rest of the time I just want to be his snuggle-bug.